These steps must be completed by an individual with administrator level access within Canvas.
Before you begin, you MUST have the following information from Credo:
- LTI 1.3 Public key in JWK format
- End-Point to Receive Deep Link Launches
If you have both the InfoLit – Core and Health Science content, you will need to follow these steps twice to set up a Developer Key and App for each, using the same LTI 1.3 Public key in JWK format, but different End-Points to Receive Deep Link Launches.
- Log in to the administrator host site for Canvas. Enter the administrator’s Email and Password, select “Log In”.
- From the left-hand menu, choose the “Admin” icon (currently a shield with a key inside).
- Select the name of your institution or account.
- From the Menu, scroll to and select “Developer Keys”.
- Choose “+ Developer Key” from the right-hand side of the screen.
- From the drop-down list, select “+ LTI Key”.
- The “Key Settings” screen will load.
- Enter the following:
Key Name: Credo InfoLit – Core Or Credo InfoLit – Health Science
Redirect URL: https://frame.credocourseware.com/lti1p3_tool/launch/
If you want to use deeplinking, you should also enter your End-Point to Receive Deep Link Launches URL provided by Credo.
Method: Manual Entry
Title: E.g. Credo InfoLit
Description: E.g. Credo InfoLit LTI 1.3 Key
Target Link URI: https://frame.credocourseware.com/lti1p3_tool/launch/
OpenID Connect Initiation URI: https://frame.credocourseware.com/lti1p3_tool/login/
- Scroll down and make sure “Public JWK” is chosen in the “JWK Method” box. In the “Public JWK” field, enter the LTI 1.3 Public key in JWK format provided by Credo.
- Enable all options under the “LTI Advantage Services” section.
- In the “Additional Settings” section, under “Custom Fields”, type this: email=$Person.email.primary
- Under Placements select Link Selection and Assignment Selection.
In both the “Link Selection” and “Assignment Selection” area, click the down arrow (“V”) and enter your End-Point to Receive Deep Link Launches (provided by Credo) as the “Target Link URI” and change “Select Message Type” to “LtiDeepLinkingRequest”. Enter Text e.g. Credo InfoLit Core LTI 1.3
- To complete “Key Settings”, click “Save”.
- The Developer Keys area will display the new developer key just created. By default, the key state is “Off”. Change this to “On”.
- Copy the number provided under “Details”.
- From the left-hand menu, select “Admin” and then scroll to “Settings” at the bottom of the list.
- From the “Settings” navigation across the top of the screen, choose “Apps”.
- Choose “View App Configurations”.
- Select “+ App”
- From the “Configuration Type” dropdown, select “By Client ID”.
- Paste the number copied in Step 15 in the “Client ID” box. Click “Submit”.
- When prompted by the “Add App” dialogue box, select “Install”.
- From the “External Apps” list, find the tool added in the previous step. Click the down arrow next to the settings sprocket. Choose “Deployment ID”.
- Copy this Deployment Id.
- Provide the “Details” number (Step 15), the Deployment Id (Step 24), and your Canvas URL to Credo (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can take the steps to complete the connection, and wait for confirmation before continuing the process.