Please note: The information provided here is intended only to assist with some of the common ways our product can be integrated in this system. Our Help Site is not a comprehensive guide to use of the D2L LMS, and our team can only assist with Credo integration; we are unable to provide support for any other aspect of D2L's functionality. Screenshots are provided for illustrative purposes but may not exactly match your own system, particularly since navigation elements can vary depending on your version of the platform.
Before implementing LTI links (launch URLs) in individual courses, Credo should be added to your LMS environment as an LTI Tool Provider / External Learning Tool Provider. This is a one-time step and requires administrator access.
Adding Credo as an LTI tool provider
Note: This must be done at global LMS admin level not at course level.
Step 1: As an admin, click on the Admin gear icon in the top right of the page, then select External Learning Tools.
Step 2: Click on Manage Tool Providers then select New Tool Provider.
Step 3: On the page that appears, there are several fields to fill out. You will need the domain, key, and secret provided to you by Credo -- these can be located on the How to Use tab of your InfoLit (formerly Instruct) admin dashboard, or just ask our support team if you need assistance
- Launch Point: This is the domain used by all of your Credo LTI links (also called launch URLS or External Learning Tools Links in D2L). Use the domain provided to you by Credo on your InfoLit admin dashboard (on the "How to Use" tab).
- Secret: This is provided to you by Credo and can be found listed on the How to Use tab along with the consumer key.
- Tool consumer information: Check the box to “Use custom tool consumer information instead of default”. This will allow you to fill in the next set of fields
- Key: A consumer key for your LMS environment is provided to you by Credo and is listed on the How to Use tab of your InfoLit admin dashboard.
- Name: Give the tool provider a name, for example "Credo InfoLit"
- Visibility: Check the box to “Allow users to use this tool provider”
Step 4: Define Security Settings. These settings control what information your D2L environment sends to Credo's platform during an LTI Launch.
Information such as name and email address are used in Credo's assessment reporting/analytics to provide individual-level data. We recommend checking all of the options if you wish to make use of Credo's reporting/analytics, but if you wish to anonymize the student data stored in our system, you can un-check the settings for user name and user email. If you choose not to send user data to Credo or to restrict which user fields are sent, the LTI integration will still launch.
Step 6: Finally, you can use the "Make Tool Provider Available To" settings to designate which courses in your D2L environment can use the tool.
Step 7: After finishing these steps, click the "Save and Close" button.