Please note: The information provided here is intended only to assist with some of the common ways our product can be integrated in this system. Our Help Site is not a comprehensive guide to use of the D2L LMS, and our team can only assist with Credo integration; we are unable to provide support for any other aspect of D2L's functionality. Screenshots are provided for illustrative purposes but may not exactly match your own system, particularly since navigation elements can vary depending on your version of the platform.
You may wish to consider setting up all your LTI links in a Credo master course and using it as a course shell. Instructors can then copy the LTI links to other courses as needed.
Adding LTI links via course admin:
Step 1: From the course homepage, select External Learning Tools (LTI) in the top navigation bar. If you don't see the link in the navigation bar go to Course Tools > Edit Course > Site Resources and find the External Learning Tools that way.
Step 2: Select the blue New Link button to add a new LTI link. You will follow this process with each new link you have to add.
Step 3: Fill in the following information:
- Title: The name of the link (e.g. Gen Ed Assessment)
- URL: The long LTI link of the item
- Description: A short description of the item so course admins will know what it is.
- Visibility: Be sure to check “Allow users to view this link”
- Key/Secret: Select Tool Consumer Key/Secret and the boxes so the link will refer to the global tool set up.
Security Settings: Select Use Tool Provider Security Settings
You can verify that the link works after you’ve created it, click on the arrow next to the link then click on Preview Link from the dropdown menu.