These steps must be completed by an individual with administrator level access within Moodle.
Before you begin, you MUST have the following information from Credo:
- LTI 1.3 Public key in JWK format
- End-Point to Receive Deep Link Launches
- A full list of LTI 1.3 deep links for your course
If you have both the InfoLit – Core and Health Science content and want to use deep linking, you will need to follow these steps twice to set up an external tool for each, using the same LTI 1.3 Public key in JWK format, but different End-Points to Receive Deep Link Launches.
Step 1: Log into Moodle as an administrator, navigate to:
Site administration -> Plugins -> Activity modules -> External Tool -> Manage tools
From the “Manage Tools” menu, select “Configure a tool manually”
Step 2: Under Tool Settings enter the following:
- Tool Name: E.g: Credo InfoLit – Core LTI 1.3
- Tool URL: https://frame.credocourseware.com/lti1p3_tool
- Tool description: E.g: Credo InfoLit LTI 1.3
- LTI Version: LTI 1.3
- Public key type: Keyset URL
- Public keyset: as provided by Credo
- Initiate login URL: https://frame.credocourseware.com/lti1p3_tool/login/
- Redirection URI(s): https://frame.credocourseware.com/lti1p3_tool/launch/ plus your End-Point to Receive Deep Link Launches (provided by Credo) and you MUST include each deep link URL (provided by Credo) in this box or the link(s) will not work. Each link should be placed on a separate line.
- Custom parameters: email=$Person.email.primary
- Tool configuration usage: select "Show as preconfigured tool when adding an external tool"
- Default launch container: select "Embed without blocks"
- Supports Deep Linking: check box
- Content Selection URL: your End-Point to Receive Deep Link Launches (provided by Credo)
Step 3: Click the arrow next to “Services” and ensure the following settings
- IMS LTI Assignment and Grade Services: Use this service for grade sync only
- IMS LTINames and Role Provisioning: Use this service to retrieve members’ information as per privacy settings
- Tool Settings: Use this service
Step 4: Click the arrow next to “Privacy” and ensure the following settings:
- Share launcher’s name with tool: Always
- Share launcher’s email with tool: Always
- Accept grades from the tool: As specified with deep linking definition or delegate to teacher
Step 5: When complete, choose “Save changes” and the tool should appear. Choose “View configuration details” icon (shown below), then select “Email” and send the details to Credo Support (email@example.com) to continue the LTI 1.3 setup process
Step 6: Wait of support to confirm set up is complete. Once complete you will be ready to add links to courses.